Saturday 4 September 2010

Some other subjects.

I like to just add a few shots of other subjects now and then, I haven't travelled very far afield of late but I did go to West Mersea in Essex, a day out for my mum who is recovering very well from a hip replacement operation, these beautiful pastel shaded beach huts caught my eye whilst there, luckily we got to a little cafe before the storm that was brewing in the background arrived!


This church is quite local to where I live, it's in the village of Steeple Morden and has just had the spire redone with wooden tiles, the local Great Spotted Woodpecker already has a liking for it!!



One of my favourite local subjects are the radio astonomy dishes at the Mullard Observatory near Cambridge, this is the Arcminute microkelvin imager (AMI) interferometer telescope that is studying the cosmic microwave background.

Lastly another great subject thats always fun to photograph, these are a small few from the Fireworks championships competition at Belvoir castle in Lincolnshire, a damp windy night, but very spectacular.



No comments: