Wednesday 2 February 2011

Barn Owls

I am sure all who read this blog will know that I have a big love for Barn Owls, last week I spent several days working on them at a regular haunt.
There's no substitute for spending time just watching them and getting to know their favoured hunting spots, perches and habits, once you know the birds daily routine the photography is easy; you can be in the right place for the light at the right time of day and wait for the bird to come to you.
So, after 4 days of getting to know my birds daily routine I waited by one of the favoured perching places and got some great portraits in the morning, then spent the afternoon at its favourite hunting meadow shooting flight shots, a very nice day!





16 comments:

Bobbster said...

Great images Nigel, my favourite though has to be the backlit owl against the red/brown sky.

Pat Ulrich said...

Fantastic images, Nigel! Always love to see your owls!

This is what I eat said...

Wow!!! Great pictures man!!! like your style..

Amy said...

Wow, those are amazing pictures! Love them! You did an awesome job, keep them coming!

-Amy
Talented K9

andavo said...

These are amazing pictures Nigel, they are enough to make a none bird lover become one. Great job.

dangel smith said...

Wow, very amazing Photos! thanks for sharing your awesome pictures.



Alaska Fishing Lodge
Real Estate
Seattle Homes For Sale
Baby Gift Baskets
Christmas Gift Baskets

Leann said...

That first photograph is absolutely stunning. I am an amateur (very) photographer and admire the work.

Berts Blog said...

just doing a little web surfing and came across your blog. Very impressive. Thank you for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

really beautiful.,.,amazing..,.,I am an amateur ,.,.,.and I just love your photos!!!!!

andavo said...

Wow Nigel!!! these are great pictures. Please keep them coming.


http://yourhealthandlifestyle.com

Tim James said...

Great work. I particularly like the last shot. Simply gorgeous.

Janny said...

Wat een fantastische mooie foto's mijn complimenten
Groeten uit Holland
Janny

Trashmaster46 said...

Those are some great photos. :)

Anonymous said...

we do not have owls around here....its beautiful

Millhouse Photography said...

I love the one hunting face-on. That's the shot that dors it for me.

AndreaDannielle said...

These are awesome! I adore the owl.