Friday, 6 July 2012

Some Welsh birds

This was a day that turned out to be very productive, I haven't photographed Redstarts since I was shooting film, a big gap in my digital bird image library that needed filling! 
I planned a day when the weather forecast looked good and headed to Wales armed with a pot of Mealworms in the hope of getting a few images, and within 2 hours of getting to the site I had blasted 28 gig on both Redstarts and Pied Flycatchers, as well as Nuthatch and Robins too!
 Once I had checked out the images on the camera and was happy with them I decided to head off to Gigrin farm and get some Red Kite and Buzzards, a good decision as I did well there too and eventually headed home with a couple of days worth of editing and processing to do, quite handy really as it kept me busy while it rained again!

4 comments:

wildaboutwales said...

I am off to grigin tomorrow hope to get some better shots of the kite than I have up to date from the Rheidol valley,

budgieball said...

nice

Nikki said...

So beautiful...the last one is gorgeous!

vrajesh said...

nice ..