Monday 20 September 2010

Waders galore

A great day at Snettisham, with an 8.2 metre high tide just an hour or so after sunrise I knew it would be worth getting up at 3:30am, the forecast was perfect too. However it seems that the big flocks of birds went to Holme further around the coast. It's not that it was a bad day at all, loads of Godwits, Curlews, Oystercatchers, Knot, Dunlin and Ringed Plovers put on a great aerial ballet to delight the crowds and it was all spiced up by a Peregrine or two scything through the masses causing panic and confusion.
The star of the show for me was the single Knot that was oblivious to the people and carried on feeding along the tideline with a few metres. I laid down on the tideline about 10 metres ahead of it, wide angle at the ready, and waited, it walked past within inches of me and the camera. I am very grateful to Neil Stych for sending the image of the Knot and me shown below, its always good to have a record of such special moments.








No comments: